Or Happy New Year, unseamlygirl style! I hope that this year brings you much happiness, joy, peace, love and hope. May you bring this new year gentleness, humility, giving, and compassion. And I am positive we will all find much sewing, good fits, and beautiful fabric!
So! I started this blog two years ago!! Can you believe it? I cannot!! I am really glad that I did. I have found a little, special community in the sewing blogging land – and I am happy that in some small way, I can contribute and participate. My original year, I pledged Goodbye Valentino’s No-Ready-to-Wear 365. I did pretty good, except for a few transgressions!
Last year, I wanted to focus on technique and getting better. I think I accomplished that goal. I’ve made several shirts (with collars), tackled lined pants, triumphed (sometimes) over fitting woes. I still haven’t tackled welt pockets, active wear, or lingerie – but I know those are coming! I also haven’t blogged as consistently as I wanted to. I have at least 3 or 4 projects that I have yet to show you. Soon. Soon.
Shall I share my resolutions for 2016? Here they are (be forewarned, they are not all sewing related!):
- Sew all of my clothing in 2016. I absolutely love my made-me wardrobe and I find myself more and more reaching for items I have sewn. Why not just make it a goal to have a largely hand sewn wardrobe? I want to continue to focus on technique, fit, and pairing the right fabric with the pattern. Perhaps some of my own patterns?
- Make active wear for running. Yup, I’m going to go here. Fehr Trade’s Duathlon patterns and materials already selected – stay tuned!
- Run, Run, Run. I’ve got the Petersburg Half Marathon in April and NYC Marathon in November! I need to make sure that I cross train, drop some weight, and stay healthy. All this means is that I get to hang out with my bestie A LOT!! Yay! It also means that I have to be hyper vigilant about foam rolling, eating well, and taking care of myself.
- Spend as much time as I can with family and friends. Because, in the end, that’s all that matters – right? Some date nights with the hubs, game nights with the kids, hanging out with my buds, and seeing as much family as I can. It also means not letting work consume my time…it will be there, right?
- Be humble, be gentle, breathe. I worked o this one in 2015. It’s an ever evolving goal – but I find it helps me to stay centered and focused on being the person I want to be – flaws and all.
There you have it. My little list of objectives. Oh yeah, I also want to work more on my Japanese. My girls need to start learning their culture and background. Which means I gotta step up my game! Perhaps a trip to Japan in 2017 – I’d like to visit my relatives….and buy some awesome fabric!!!
With that, I leave you with a little tease on my latest project. Which, by the way, was finished with my rolled hem foot AND my new button hole cutter. HOW did I live without for so long??